ref 418: Beautiful historic house in Faraklou (near Lakki)
– A real traditional Greek house with a rich history, currently owned by a famous Greek poet / writer (Olympia Karageorgia). (http://www.enet.gr/?i=news.el.article&id=205091)
– Very quiet and natural area, still pretty unspoiled. Although no sea view, the neighborhood is really inspiring.
– The house was built around 1827 (!) and was VERY well preserved and mostly original. Also one of the only houses that escaped the heavy bombardments in the area.
– The house is one of very few in existence with this very typical and original architecture. Earlier than the “neoclassic” style, although clearly not a fishermen’s house, this building is a lot more modest and less resplendent than the average later, “rich” Egyptian/Italian style house.
– The price includes all the original furniture (and thus also Olympia’s writing desk and some other very special antique pieces)
– This is a property for someone who really appreciates the peace and quietness of this area and the unbelievable nostalgic feeling and original condition of the house.
- Property Size: 80 square meters
- Property Lot Size: 1,500 square meters
- Rooms: 6
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
Condition: Excellently preserved
Altitude: 15 - 20 m
Accessibility: Good, some meters to walk
Orientation: N - W
Shops: 2 min drive
Sea: +- 500 m
View: The peaceful valley of Faraklou